For one of our clients, a global specialty contract research laboratory (CRO) collaborating with the largest pharmaceutical and most prominent biotech companies, Kelly Science is currently recruiting a Laboratory Group Leader
The Laboratory Group Leader is accountable for daily management of laboratory Research Assistants. In this role, he/she is responsible for scheduling laboratory work for all ongoing studies. The Laboratory Group Leader ensures that staff is appropriately trained and proficient with all techniques used and follows up on staff performance. The Laboratory Group Leader also monitors the quality of laboratory work and documentation to ensure compliance with applicable requirements.
- Performs the day to day staff management for assigned team;
- Schedules and coordinates laboratory work for all ongoing and upcoming projects, establishing priorities and resolving scheduling conflicts along with other group/team leaders;
- Works with other team leaders to ensure staff is properly allocated;
- Provides technical skills for the conduct of methods (flow cytometry, ELISpot),
- Ensure technical/scientific integrity of assays conducted;
- Ensures by regular inspections that the staff executes the work according to GLP and Caprion SOP and CSP;
- Plans and oversees training of the laboratory staff to ensure proficiency in the methods used;
- Ensures that the staff performs the work in an efficient manner;
- Coaches staff on how to perform work appropriately and efficiently;
- Implements appropriate and effective corrective actions in the laboratory to minimize GLP deficiencies;
- Identifies staff training requirement and areas for career development;
- Follows-up with assigned staff on performance;
- Participates in audits performed by government agencies or clients;
- Performs biobanking-related activities (sample reception, tracking and inventory) in compliance with applicable procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Conditions of the Current Position:
- Must accept to perform duties or supervise activities in Bio Safety Level (BSL) 1 or 2 facilities where biological samples may be either naturally or experimentally infected with potentially hazardous virus such as HIV, HCV, or CMV;
- Employee is personally responsible for following Health and Safety guidelines/instructions.
- This position can involve evening and/or week-end work.
- M.Sc. in Life Sciences or equivalent, preferably in Immunology
- At least 3 years of experience as team manager.
- At least 3 years of experience with flow cytometry
- Proven work experience as a team leader.
- Practical knowledge of general laboratory operations, with focus on biological analysis techniques;
- Good knowledge of the following techniques: blood sample processing, cell counting, and cell cryopreservation techniques, cell culture techniques, immunostaining procedures, immune monitoring techniques including flow cytometry and ELISpot;
- Excellent knowledge of Quality Systems, such as GCP, GCLP, ISO/IEC 17025, 15189 and CAP;
- Knowledge of procedures and protocols for containment of biohazardous material, safety procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Excellent organization and time management skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Flexible to guide team within and outside business hours:
- Ability to make appropriate decisions, especially under short timelines and when dealing with complex situations;
- Ability to multitask.
- Able to prioritize his/her work as well as the work of others;
- Excellent communication (French and English).
- Strong quality mindsed.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
In keeping with the Law regarding discrimination and equal opportunity in Belgium, Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de wetgeving tegen discriminatie en het gelijke-kansenbeleid van kracht in België, verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Concernant ce rôle, Kelly Services agit en tant que médiateur officiel. Lorsque vous décidez de postuler ce poste, vos informations personnelles seront traitées conformément à la déclaration de confidentialité de Kelly.
Conformément à la loi sur la discrimination et la politique d'égalité des chances en Belgique, Kelly Services accueille les candidatures de tous les candidats éligibles, quels que soient leur origine ethnique, leur sexe, leur handicap, leur religion, leur orientation sexuelle ou leur âge.