For one of our customers we are looking for a Biotech Business Development Leader ( Benelux / Europe)
The customer is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare spectrum.
To accelerate growth and drive medium- to long-term (3-5 year) revenue across all their platforms with strategic Biotech companies in the European region. The role will focus on developing the business with a funnel of existing Biotech accounts and pipeline of new start-ups by prospecting, evaluating, negotiating and implementing large commercial strategic partnership deals. This will require positioning of the overall value proposition of capabilities to reach deals that integrate multi-instrument and reagent elements and include financial, scientific and operational components. Such deals should drive mutual value aligned with strategic objectives identified by the customer and the company, and should deliver incremental revenue growth, profitability and return on investment over a 3-5 year time horizon for each account. The role will work alongside cross-functional global/regional resources, regional commercial leaders and country key account managers to support objectives - with overall P&L accountability across the portfolio of selected Biotech companies.
- Mapping and monitoring of the European Biotech sector to identify potential commercial strategic partnership opportunities with new start-ups
- Segmentation and targeting/prioritisation of Biotech accounts using factors for attractiveness and business potential
- Engagement of and cultivating long term relationships with senior management at Director, VP and C-Suite levels to influence with a value proposition for BDB strategic partnership
- Evaluation and qualification of partnership opportunities by understanding the 3-5 year business plans, milestones, strategic objectives and obstacles of Biotech accounts to create proposals for win-win solutions
- Developing and negotiating strategic commercial agreements that deliver mutual value by deploying technology platforms, scientific and technical resources, and capabilities
- Engaging with appropriate internal global/regional stakeholders and coordinating cross-function teams as necessary to execute on strategic opportunities
- Gaining alignment with Country Business Leaders on proposed commercial strategy by demonstrating expected business impact and return on investment
- Returning and increase in revenue growth, category share and profitability at selected accounts, with overall accountability for P&L over the 3-5 year account life cycle
- Partnering with country Key Account Managers to ensure successful implementation of strategic agreements, providing on-going support to ensure agreed long-term business objectives are met
- Supporting strategic business review meetings with country Key Account Managers to review status of implanted agreements and explore new opportunities for collaboration
- Keeping internal stakeholders (European and Country) informed through formal governance and communication process (e.g. regular sharing of planning, progress and outcomes in reports and presentations at LT meetings).
- BSc/Msc degree and ideally PhD in a life sciences or medical subject
- MBA would be advantageous
- 3+ years' experience in a biotech/pharma/CRO drug discovery or development environment. An immunology, immunotherapy, T-cell therapy or immuno-oncology focus would be advantageous.
- 3+ years' experience with demonstrated success in business development for a pharma/biotech/CRO - OR, sales management or strategic account management with a Life Sciences/Med Tech laboratory equipment supplier
- Active engagement in industry associations, conferences and meetings to acquire knowledge and identify relevant business opportunities relative to immuno-oncology and Biotech drug discovery/development
- Practical laboratory experience and knowledge of flow cytometry and single cell genomic technologies
- Experience and knowledge of Biotech buying and contracting processes for equipment, consumables and service
- Experience and knowledge of evaluating, negotiating and implementing strategic partnership agreements, alliance management, supply agreements, innovative strategic sourcing agreements - previous involvement in strategic agreements with major Life Sciences suppliers would be advantageous
- The ability to quickly understand new science and technologies and communicate the value and benefits of these to others effectively
- Understanding key principles of contracts, deal structures, collaboration initiatives and B2B transactions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative deal solutions
- Effective influence and communication of ideas to senior leaders
- Willingness to travel up to 50% UK, BNL, Fr and GSA.
Regarding this role, Kelly Services acts as the official mediator. When you decide to apply to this role your personal information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
In keeping with the Law regarding discrimination and equal opportunity in Belgium, Kelly Services welcomes applications from any and all eligible candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Met betrekking tot deze functie fungeert Kelly Services als officieel bemiddelaar. Wanneer je de beslissing maakt om op deze functie te solliciteren zullen jouw gegevens in overeenstemming met Kelly's Privacy Statement worden verwerkt.
Met oog op de wetgeving tegen discriminatie en het gelijke-kansenbeleid van kracht in België, verwelkomt Kelly Services sollicitaties van iedere geschikte kandidaat, ongeacht etniciteit, geslacht, beperking, religieuze overtuiging, seksuele geaardheid of leeftijd.
Concernant ce rôle, Kelly Services agit en tant que médiateur officiel. Lorsque vous décidez de postuler ce poste, vos informations personnelles seront traitées conformément à la déclaration de confidentialité de Kelly.
Conformément à la loi sur la discrimination et la politique d'égalité des chances en Belgique, Kelly Services accueille les candidatures de tous les candidats éligibles, quels que soient leur origine ethnique, leur sexe, leur handicap, leur religion, leur orientation sexuelle ou leur âge.